Commercial Pig Specialist
|Contract types||Full Time / Permanent|
|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Nutreco is a global leader in Animal Nutrition and Aquaculture, employing more than 11,000 people in 35 countries. With a proven track record of success, Trouw Nutrition GB is a Nutreco company in the UK, manufacturing a wide range of animal nutrition products with a turnover of c£100million.
Commercial Pig Specialist
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Pig Specialist to provide nutritional and innovative product and solution support for our complete pig product portfolio. You will also provide technical support to internal and external customers.
Responsible locally for helping to support the pig product portfolio you will be part of the wider global organization, having opportunity to assist with identifying and implementing new innovations and local product development.
You will work closely with the Pig Technical Manager to provide technical support including product advice, project development and ration formulation.
Key Accountabilities of this role:
- Link with Trouw Nutrition R&D to progress global technical innovations.
- Support internal procedures such as trials, laboratory data review, formulation package management, campaign development and nutritional training.
- Keep up to date with nutritional and legislative literature and requirements.
- Devise and conduct product/application trial protocols for our domestic market.
- Assess trial results, collate data and produce concise reports for colleagues and/or customers.
- Provide technical support to customers with pig technical or operational queries either by telephone or farm visit.
- Responsible for budget preparation and delivery in conjunction with the Monogastric Business Director through the commercial team.
A sound understanding of pig nutrition, piglet production and management practices is essential for this role. The successful candidate will hold a Degree in Animal Nutrition, or, Animal Science and ideally have experience of the animal feed industry in a Pig nutrition role. You will also have experience of feed formulation.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisation skills and be able to communicate and influence at all levels. You will have proven experience in delivering product training and technical support to internal and external colleagues. You must be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative and be task driven. The ability to set up and run farm evaluation studies and analyse data would also be advantageous. You must be willing to travel, largely in the UK.