|Contract types||Full time / Permanent|
|Company||Trouw Nutrition GB|
Nutreco is a global leader in Animal Nutrition and Aquaculture, employing more than 11,000 people in 35 countries. With a proven track record of success, Trouw Nutrition GB is a Nutreco company in the UK, manufacturing a wide range of animal nutrition products with a turnover of c£100million.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assistant to join our dedicated Quality Assurance Team. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager this is a great position to further your career in Quality. The Quality Assistant’s role is to help ensure the safety of our products in alignment with our corporate standards, customer requirements and statutory & regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To conduct quality checks on new raw materials (ingredients and packaging), finished products, suppliers and manufacturers and related documentation.
- To complete risk assessments for raw materials, suppliers and manufacturers.
- To reassess the suitability of approved item-supplier-manufacture combinations and maintain all related documentation.
- To arrange analysis with our onsite laboratory and set up monitoring plans.
- Review, upload and maintain documentation within an online quality system.
- To chair monthly raw material approval meetings.
You will work to review and maintain the certification body approved supplier and ingredient lists, together with relevant quality statements and will also provide cover for the Quality Control Team, and support to the Quality Department as required.
The successful candidate will have strong administration and IT skills together with a genuine interest in achieving high quality standards in everything you do and a keen eye for detail. You will be able demonstrate strong communication skills and you should be able to multitask and work efficiently between different tasks and projects, working on your own and in a team. Ideally you will have knowledge of quality management systems with experience of HACCP and feed legislation and labelling requirements.
Applicants with the experience as outlined above should apply in writing, stating current salary and enclosing a curriculum vitae.